Monday 5 January 2009

Takeaway, takes the piss :S

So today, I stumbled upon and article on our local rags website saying that 82 food joints in Southend have received the lowest possible scores in a Food Hygiene and Safety poll.

Scores on the Doors publish the hygiene results for restaurants, pubs, cafes, takeaways and burger vendors, giving them a maximum of 5 stars.

The problem I have with this poll, is that after looking it up myself, all my favourite places to eat at about 3am in the morning, whilst either staggering to a taxi rank or back to one of my friends houses, have all received 0 stars. Not just one, but all.

Where am I going to eat now???

SO I looked into it further and discerned that in order to get no stars at all the kebab hut has to have "Almost total non-compliance with statutory obligations'. Now I don't really know what this means, but surely it cannot be good.

And I know that on more than one occasion I've seen them guys put cold chips in the microwave and then give them too us, and the same of manky bits of meat....I guess I'd just never really thought bout it before.

This creates a huge problem for me- where am I going to eat now??? 

Although saying this, by the time 3am rolls around on a Saturday night, I probably won't care.

No comments: