Monday 19 January 2009

Work experience day 1

So today was my first day at work experience at the Southend Echo. After having a complete nightmare trying to park, i ended up parking in the £15 a day multi storey (although due to my cunning and genius I took my car out and put it back in at mid day so I only paid £9 woop!). I will be looking for somewhere more pocket friendly tomorrow.

I arrived at 9.30 (after a quick confidence boosting trip to Costa Coffee) and was instantly unsettled by the grim silence of the place, to be honest I don't think anyone was that thrilled at the prospect of ANOTHER work experience kid. Which, you know, is fair enough really, I'm perfectly aware that most get under their feet and are always doing things wrong or asking winey questions....but then how do we learn??

So after sitting quietly for maybe 15mins I trotted off behind Laura to go sit in the Courts for 3 hours. I'm always amazed at the amount of idiots in Southend, I really shouldn't be but I am. One guy was being tried for 4 armed robberies, but tried to get out on bail by showing the Magistrate his back. Yes, really.

In the afternoon, I wrote 3 little stories to go along side some pictures on utterly irrelevant things in an effort to fill space. For the most part i spent the day looking up the presidential celebrations and wishing i was part of them lol.

Not a bad day in all.



1 comment:

Mr. Nighttime said...

Welcome to the real world. Soak up as much as you can, keep what you find useful, discard the rest.