Tuesday 11 November 2008

Lenny burger vs Lenny concarne- I know what I'd rather!

So it may well be the end of the greasy, dirty and oh so satisfying burger van!!!!

Why!!!!!!

Council workers in Guilford have been warning burger van vender's that if they do not 'healthen up' their menus they may well not have their licenses renewed.

According to the Daily Mail the council wants to see "Low fat grilled sausage, whole meal bread, chill con cane with lean mince, and jacket potatoes with fillings" on the menu.

They are also considering limiting the amount of mayonnaise people can have.

The only people who really visit burger vans are the drunk and disorderly, I certainly wouldn't dream of going to one sober.

But after 1 or 2....or 12 alcoholic beverages of an assorted variety ( I normally start with wine, have a few sambucas then end up on the gnats piss we call a wkd) there is nothing I want more than to visit my mate Lenny at his burger van.

(Or if I'm in Southend-Darius in the kebab shop)

And excuse me, but at 2am, the last thing on my mind is my health-I just want something to try and stop me vomiting.

If that's what a cheese burger with an obscene amount of mayo and ketchup will do for me, then what right has the council got to completely ruin my night? (And make more work for the street cleaners btw)

Further more, who is really going to try and stop me from having as much mayo as I want?? Surely not my mate Lenny!!

I know burgers from burger vans are not good for you-but to be honest, when I'm drunk I don't care.

I know the rule- 1 burger in every 3 from Lenny could conceivably kill you-and I've suffered the consequences, more than once :S.

But at the end of the day, it's my choice. Sometimes I want a greasy mayo filled burger. End of.....

Also, I'm not fat, so who cares anyway.

2 comments:

Mr. Nighttime said...

In NYC, they forced restaurants to list calories, and other information on their menus. I wish the government would butt out of where it doesn't belong. If I am making a meal at home, that's one thing, but if I am going out to eat, I could give a rat's ass about calorie content, etc.

Personal choice is just that. The government needs to understand that it cannot, and should not always try to protect us from ourselves.

Alexandra Kate Murphy said...

I completely agree, obesity is a problem and it is good to show calorie content and fat contents, but there is a time and a place.

And you just cannot stipulate what food vendors are allowed to sell! if next time i try to buy a burger and someone offers me a carrot, i will really kick off! :P