Wednesday 31 December 2008

What will 2009 bring??

I don't actually know anybody going 'out' out this New Year, in these credit crunching times who can afford it? If I was to go out in Chav central (Southend on Sea for those of you who are unaware) I reckon my night out could have cost £228.20-

Taxi there £20
Taxi Back £40
Club entry £25
Pre going out bottle of wine £6
Dress, Shoes, Bag, Accessories etc £130 maybe?
Full price drinks over the night £30 (and I'm not a huge drinker)
Cheesie chips £2.20

no thanks.

So not having that sort of cash, I like most am going to a house party/gathering. A few of my mates, some cheap bottles of wine and nibbles and a few sleeping bags and volia, not even £20 a person. Bargain. After all, the hyped up nights are always the worst aren't they, especially when you're recently split from your boyfriend (which I am).

So the likelihood of this evening is that I'll drink too much, take too many horrible pictures, cry far too much and probably be pretty miserable..... but I'll be £208.20 better off than if i went out.

Roll on 2009, although the prospects for the year aren't looking great really are they.

4 comments:

Mr. Nighttime said...

Well, at least you got to enjoy some time with friends. I had to work.

I need a new bloody job, to be sure. Come Monday, the search starts.

Alexandra Kate Murphy said...

You had to work?? nightmare! but then i don't even have a job lol not a huge problem right now granted (although the extra £££ would certainly come in handy) but the way our economy is going i will never get a job :S

Mr. Nighttime said...

Never say never.

While I still need to work full-time for someone else to pay my bills, things are finally starting to happen as far as my freelance writing company is concerned. I just have to learn to market myself better, and I think that it will move along nicely after that.

Even in this economy, there are still those that are willing to pay for the right services, and that is what I am trying to provide. That, is what I am hoping will unshackle me from being dependent on a company for survival, and doing work on my own terms.

You're a journalism student? You can write? Hire yourself out as a freelancer. Don't wait.

Try www.the-efa.org. They may help.

Alexandra Kate Murphy said...

thanks for the web address! x