Tuesday 30 December 2008

Back again :P Baby Names

So I've been pretty busy with deadlines, christmas and flu over the last month, but from today I'm starting up my blog again! Hurrah I hear you cry!.....deathly silence :S never mind

Anyway in keeping with my light hearted blog my first entry for a while is to be on a topic I and all my girl friends have given plenty of thought..... baby names.

According to UK parenting club Bounty the most popular UK names are Jack and Olivia. Jack I can completely understand it has been in poll position for the last 14 years.... but Olivia???? Seriously? Who names their child that?

The list also shows the British publics inability to think for itself, Ruby is now the 2nd most popular girls name (following the Birth of Charlotte Church's daughter) and Zac (presumably after Zac Efron) has now crept into the top 100.

So it seems that most children in the UK are called either Jack, Oliver, Grace or Ruby. How boring. Names are meant to be a mark of individuality, not a way to show how we all follow the crowd.

I fully intend to name my first born Humphfry-Heathcliff, maybe he'll be bullied, but a light taunting never did anyone any harm-and people will certainly remember him. And if people find that a mouthful-I'll just say his name is H, after H from Steps of course :P


No comments: