Sunday 15 February 2009

My anti valentines day

Now I have never been fond of valentines day, whether i'm in the singleton camp, permanantly attached to someone else, or in a blurry confusseled place between the two.

I don't like it when i'm single because obviously im bitter and just want to throw up every time I see a heart or a rose. 

BUT

I also hate it when i'm not because I truly do not believe you should have just one day to say that you love someone. It's something that should be done everyday not once a year. And for the same reason I'm not a fan of anniversaries, so what you've been together 2 years, 3 years....why congratulate yourselves for that? If your with someone you should treasure them all the time! not take them for-granted 364 days a year and be nice to them once to even it out!

Anyway, having split up with my bf at christmas, yesterday I was a bitter and twisted singleton all morning, then promptly forgot all about it at the prospect of an 'anti valentines day skool girl' party me and my friends were having that evening. (By some stroke of 'luck'-is that really the right word??-we all seemed to be single)

So determined to get very drunk and have a good night we started partying around 8.30, and pretty much forgot entirely about it being valentines day and got incredibly drunk, and played a lot of singstar.

It was only when we went out that we were reminded of what losers we were.

The club was dead.....and filled with particularly desperate looking men....perhaps we looked desperate too?eek? and it then occurred to me that no one else was out because everyone else....i mean everyone....the whole town practically (minus a few freaks)-has a significant other.

Or at least someone they could call up so they didn't feel too pathetic on valentines day.

So there wasn't much atmosphere in Bakers.....but it being half empty had some huge bonus points from when i was standing
1 every song i requested (no matter how crap) was played
2 every shout out i had was, well, shouted out lol
3 I could bust some amazing moves without jumping on top of someone and causing a pile up
4 No queue for the bar.

So after feeling momentarily pathetic-I had an amazing night!

The only thing missing was the lack of male talent......but then since I'm seriously contemplating becoming a lesbinim, that didn't really bother me :P


No comments: